for fire and heat protection. The lip seal is part of a fire protection concept for sealing of fire resistant building and construction sections.
The seal consists of a coated glass fibre fabric, which is formed to a loop or 'lip' and, if necessary, coated with a self adhesive tape for easy and quick mounting. This seal allows a cost effective and easy design of door constructions in connection with the Rex fire protection board flaton-flex A resp. flaton VPG 12.
The lip seal offers reliable protection of door joints against first fire and heat load and is successfully used in
- Fire doors
- Data protection cabinets
- Chemical storage cabinets
- Safety cabinets
- Hazardous materials cabinets
- Document and deposit cabinets
- Pressure container cabinets
- Fast and easy assembly
- Good sealing effect at low counter pressure
- Good adaption due to easy deformation
- High compressibility allows larger building tolerances
- Low thermal conduction due to a larger air cushion
- High stability of shape under pressure force and temperature rise up to 600°C