Joint rope SG 300 N
Fire protection for joints certified acc. to European standard EN 1366-4.
The European Technical Approval (ETA) is available in the download area.
Rex joint filling systems are mainly non-combustible joint filling materials and seals in acc. with EN 13501-1. They are used in expansion and movement joints in all areas of civil engineering, tunnel and industrial construction. Depending on design they prevent temperature rise above permitted levels for 30 to 180 minutes as well as tranfer of fire and combustible gases.
Advantage in comparison to joint rope SG 300
approved for walls already from a thickness of > 100 mm and ceilings from a thickness of > 150 mm, each with a density of > 700 kg/m³
A1 conform to EN 13501-1
|Joint width:||up to 55 mm|
EI 120-V-X-F-W 10 to 55
EI 120-H-M040-F-W 50
|120||fire resistance in minutes|
|V||vertical supporting structure (wall joint)|
|H||horizontal supporting structure (ceiling joint)|
mobility: no movement (max. permitted lateral movement 7,4 %)
|M||mobility: max. permitted movement in %|
|F||joint made on site|
|W||area of joint width from/up to in mm|
- certified for joints between construction parts with and without shear stress. In case of movements with shear stress a shear way of 10 cm = 100 mm is allowed.
- certified for joint widhts up to 55 mm without shear stress
- certified for joint widths up to 50 mm with shear stress
Combustible joint fillings in the joint space without rope do not have to be removed. They have to be removed only in the area needed for the mounting of the joint rope SG 300.
Additional sealings for protection against water, dirt or mechanical damage, are allowed and do not affect the fire resistance of the component.
Easy installation without complex and time consuming auxiliary materials.
The following information are to be applied for joints between construction parts as linear butt joints (one level joint), multi-level joints and shear joints (see pictures).
- Lateral elongation of the joint width is allowed up to 7,4 %.
- Joints with shear stress movements are allowed up to a maximum of 10 cm shear way.
- The joint sealings shall be arranged between two parallel joint flanks. Deviations from parallelism are allowed if the highest joint gap width does not exceed the maximum admissible value of the joint width.
- The arrangement of the joint rope in the joint is free.
- In arrangements with more than one layer of joint rope the connection of rope layers one over the other have to be displaced min. 500 mm.
- If ropes are joined edge to edge, overlapping of the rope has to be min. 100 mm in joints b ≤ 30 mm.
- in joints with width b ≥ 30 mm the ropes can bi joint edge to edge at the butt joint.
- Additional permanent flexible sealings, for e.g. by sealants or joint covering systems are allowed.
- Combustible joint fillings do not have to be removed from the joint completely.
- Litaflex-glue 800 - our incombustible glue - can be used to fix the rope in the joint.
- The thickness of the joint rope and the number of layers - depending on the required fire resistance class - are to be taken from the following tables: see table 1 and 2
Joints with vertical shear stress
|application||joint width mm||number of layers||arrangement||classification fire resistance|
|(A) (B)||10 to 55||1||any arrangement within the joint||
EI 90-V-X-F-W 10 bis 55
EI 90-H-X-F-W 10 bis 55
|(A) (B)||10 to 55||2||
layers arranged Close together,
any arrangement within the joint
EI 120-V-X-F-W 10 bis 55
EI 120-H-X-F-W 10 bis 55
10 to 27
27 to 55
EI 180-V-X-F-W 10 bis 55
EI 180-H-X-F-W 10 bis 55
Overview of the firee-resistant designs for the arrangement in rigid wall constructions with a minimum thickness of 100 mm and rigid floor constructions with a minimum thickness of 150 mm each with a minimum densitiy of 700 kg/m³.
Joints without vertical shear stress
|application||Joint width mm||number of layers||arrangement||classification fire resistance|
|(A) (C)||10 to 50||2||
one strip on each side, minimum
distance 25 mm to the other edge
of the building element
EI 90-H-M 65-F-W 10 bis 50
Overview of the firee-resistant designs for the arrangement in rigid wall constructions and rigid floor constructions with a minimum thikness of 150 mm and a minimum densitiy of 2400 kg/m³ +/- 20 %.
- the definition of the mounting cases, please refer to the brochure on page 3.