The HR fibreglass mat is made of 100% ECR fibreglass. It is the alternative to the E-glass fibre mat and can be used in temperature ranges up to 800 °C. It is manufactured using needle technology. Proper cohesion of the mat is achieved by reciprocal looping of the glass fibres. Reinforcing takes place without chemical binders and without thread.
The glass fibres used ensure increased resistance/durability in acidic and alkaline environments.
- temperature resistance: 800 °C
- fire behaviour:
- non-combustible according to EN 13501
- vibration resistant
- does not fall under the accident prevention regulation “Protection against mineral dust hazardous to health” (VBG 119)
- application limit temperature: 800 °C
- melting point: 880 °C
- thickness: 4–25 mm
- weight per unit area: 450–3300 g/m2
- colour: white
- fire behaviour: non-flammable
- binder: free of binders
- fibre Ø (average): 7–21 µm
- available both in rolls and cut to size according to drawings (water-jet cut insulation moulds)
- available in 1000 mm wide rolls
- roll lengths and material thicknesses can be found in the data sheet
- cuts such as strips, sheets or moulded parts according to drawings are available on request
- laminations with aluminium foil and self-adhesive foil are available
Various laminations allow the glass fibre mat to be used as an economical insulating material in road and rail vehicle construction, shipbuilding, household appliances, expansion joints and in plant and mechanical engineering.
UP TO800 °C
FIRE BEHAVIOUREN 13501