As an insulating modelling compound in the VM 17 insulation system for insulating exhaust systems, flanges, valves and similar parts in motor manufacture, vehicle construction, shipbuilding and other industries.
VM 17 insulating compound is plastically formable and therefore offers the opportunity to fully cover the object to be insulated, even in the case of uneven surfaces and twisted shapes.
- beige-grey high-temperature insulating compound with a bulk density of approx. 670 kg/m³
- resistant to high temperatures
- non-combustible class 1 according to DIN 4102
- no odour and smoke development under thermal load
- heat insulating
- easy to process
The material must be processed in a moist state. Drying takes place exposed to air or optionally in a convection oven up to 100°C. The containers for the compound should not be kept open for an extended period of time due to moisture loss and should be closed tightly after use.
- store frost-free, in tightly closed container
- hazard class according to VbF: none (non-flammable)
In plastic buckets of approx. 12 kg.
|Average temperature °C||100||200||300||400||500||600||700||800|
Average consumption of insulating compound VM 17 for 1 m² area
|Layer thickness in mm||1||10||15||20||25|
|Weight in kg (dry)||1,25||12,5||18,75||25,00||31,25|
|Weight in kg (dry)||0,55||5,5||8,25||11,00||13,75|
FIRE BEHAVIOURDIN 4102