Litaflex SM 30 is a very lightweight, fibrous mineral foam in sheet form, free of asbestos and organic binders. The microstructure is fine-pored and cellular.
Litaflex SM 30 is laminated on one side with 0.05 mm thick aluminium foil as standard. Other laminations for demanding surface requirements are available.
Litaflex SM 30 offers a wide range of applications in structural fire protection and in insulation technology. In addition to closing joints (up to 200 mm wide), Litaflex SM 30 is suitable for shear-elastic sheathing of non-combustible pipes as they pass through fire compartment walls. In safe and security cabinet construction, Litaflex sealing elements are used for fireproof sealing of door joints. In mechanical engineering and vehicle construction, moulded parts and waterjet cutouts are used as flat insulation and as heat shields.
- Litaflex SM 30 is non-combustible (building material class DIN 4102-A1)
- melting point > 1,000 °C
- thermally insulating
- does not develop smoke or toxic gases when exposed to heat
- does not become brittle at low temperatures
- is vibration-resistant, sound-insulating, moisture-repellent
- has no capillary absorption
- is resistant to organic solvents
- conditionally resistant to alkalis
- features neutral corrosion behaviour
Litaflex SM 30 possesses various approvals / certificates as a material for structural fire protection. Please go to the respective Litaflex application section to view the approvals under downloads:
- Litaflex as pipe breakthrough seal in accordance with the German Piping Systems Directive
- Litaflex as fire protection joint filling
Litaflex SM 30 is available in sheet form. Minimum thickness of the sheet 6 mm. Common thicknesses are 10, 15, 20 mm. Even higher thicknesses consist of thinner individual sheets glued together in multiple layers.
Building material classification: A1 according to DIN 4102
As prefabricated elements for filling fire protection joints. As flat insulation in mechanical engineering and vehicle construction. As an insulating interlayer of heat shields (= radiant panels) in automotive engineering.