Shear-elastic pipe penetration seals on non-combustible pipes.
Litaflex SM 30 is a fibrous mineral mat that does not contain asbestos or organic binders. The structure is cellular and fine-pored. In accordance with the “Muster-Leitungsanlagen-Richtlinie”, suitable for shear-loaded fire protection of penetrations lined with non-combustible pipes (e.g. copper, steel, cast iron…) up to an outer diameter of 160 mm through masonry and ceilings (see also explanation below). MLAR 11/2005 (spacing) rules must be followed.
- free of asbestos and organic binders
- Litaflex SM 30 is non-combustible according to DIN 4102 A1
- Melting point > 1000 °C according to DIN 4102-17
- Confirmation of thermal conductivity by the Forschungsinstitut für Wärmeschutz e. V., Munich* λ=0.045 W(m – K)
Litaflex SM 30 is used as a fire protection insulation material on the basis of the state building regulations or, since the introduction of the “Muster-Leitungsanlagen-Richtlinie (MLAR)” under building law, on the basis of this LAR.
According to the state building regulations, it is permissible to run cables through walls or ceilings that are specified for fire resistance. However, it must be ensured that the spread of fire is not to be feared for a sufficiently long time or that precautions are taken against this.
For uninsulated, non-combustible pipelines with an external diameter of up to 160 mm in their own openings, the facilitations according to the “Muster-Leitungsanlagen-Richtlinie (MLAR)” apply. These simplifications of the MLAR mean that an R 90 test certificate can be dispensed with. Instead, it must be proven that the fibre material used for sealing has a melting point ≥ 1000 °C and is a non-combustible building material according to DIN 4102.
Thus, the pipe system guideline of the respective federal state applies as proof of the compartmentalization by the building authorities.
We recommend the following literature on this complex topic:
“Kommentar und Anwendungsempfehlungen zu den baurechtlich eingeführten Leitungsanlagen-Richtlinien MLAR/LAR/RbALei”, by the authors and recognised fire protection experts Dipl.-Ing. Manfred Lippe and Dr. Jürgen Wesche, with implementation and practical examples for planning and installation of pipe systems and installation shafts, published by Heizungs-Journal-Verlag.
- ABP P-BWU03-I-16.1.15 litaflex (General test certificate from the building authorities for non-combustibility class A1 and proof of usability according to the state building regulations)
- 1000 °C Litaflex >test certificate 901 0434 000-T17/1 melting point > 1000 °C Litaflex
- Test report of the Fraunhofer Institute on the standard sound level difference and sound reduction index of Litaflex
Discover our case studies.